What a fabulous leadership event – You Lead training – LifeWay Women’s Event
I thought I would create a bullet point listing to capture a small portion of the life-changing messages I was blessed to hear at this training last week.
- Be who God called YOU to be – if you don’t know what that is, Pray, Pray, Pray and Stay His Word!
- Create a Purpose Statement for your Life – and plan EVERYTHING you do (or DON’T do) in accordance with THAT Purpose!
- Following Jesus is a high-level commitment – will you live for Jesus or you?
- Jesus wants ALL OF US – you’re either IN or OUT – nothing in between
- “Such grace is costly because it calls us to follow, and it is grace because it calls us to follow Jesus Christ. It is costly because it costs a man his life, and it is grace because it gives a man the only true life. It is costly because it condemns sin, and grace because it justifies the sinner. Above all, it is costly because it cost God the life of His Son; ‘ye were bought with a price,’ and what has cost God much cannot be cheap for us. Above all, it is grace because God did not reckon his Son too dear a price to pay for our life, but delivered Him up for us. Costly grace is the incarnation of God.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
- “And He said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19 (Follow me-Head, I will make you-Heart, fishers of men-Hands)
- A strong emotion is like a smoke detector – a symptom of an underlying problem.
- We CHOOSE to sin, nothing MAKES us sin.
- Who is God to you? What’s your perception? How does that affect the way you live?
- If you don’t heal from your past, you pass that pain to others.
- How do we grow spiritually and emotionally? Go to God with our emotions, understand our emotions, kill ungodly emotions, cultivate Godly emotions, take care of our bodies, listen to truth and renew our mind.
- To see myself clearly, hold His Word directly in front of me.
- We have a choice of what we dwell on.
- Leaders need passion, not position.
- Leave a lasting legacy everywhere we go.
- Leading in the flesh doesn’t work, Lead in His Spirit.
- Am I growing? Do I have a plan for my own growth?
- What am I not doing? Keep the focus on me.
This list was comprised from several sessions and is only a snapshot of the valuable information shared.